- Do your children throw temper tantrums?
- Do you feel that your parenting challenges have had an adverse affect on your marriage?
- Has your family gone through a major life change, such as a divorce, a new marriage, a new baby, relocation, military deployment or a death?
- Do you have difficulty setting and enforcing boundaries?
- Do you need ideas on how to effectively discipline your children?
- Is your child having difficulty in school?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, Leadership Parenting can help you.
A child wants to go to the park. The parent needs to run errands first. Said child starts to cry, “But I want to go to the park!” Then they turn into a leg clinging, sobbing wreck. Mom stays calm and sits down with the child, who just two minutes into the ordeal, is inconsolable. Mom doesn’t reason, doesn’t attempt to bribe. What she does is say, “Crying isn’t going to get you what you want.” WOW! I wish more parents would respond this way. And stick to it, as this mom did. Five minutes later, child and mother are on their way to run errands.
Fabulous article on over-parenting, over-doing, and undermining our children’s independence.